ICE-CREAM FOR METABOLISM
Why I say Yes please…and you can too
Yes, yes and yes
The RIGHT ice cream really is a Pro-Metabolic, nourishing, and balanced food that I include in all my meal plan programs.
It is a perfect combination of Pro-Metabolic, fat burning sugars, non-inflammatory protein, calcium and heathy saturated fat.
Spoiler alert: Most grocery store or fast food outlet ice-creams are not on my go to list due to their toxic, fat storing, anti-metabolic additives (carrageen, vegetable gums, locust bean, maltodextrin, glucose syrup, colourings, flavours, stabiliser, emulsifiers). So one needs to read the labels wisely.
Quality ice cream consists of only three or four ingredients – milk, cane sugar, egg yolk and/or something for flavour (fruit, cocoa, vanilla bean etc). And its even better if these ingredients have been sourced from organic quality sources (free-range egg yolks, organic raw milk)
Ice-cream then becomes a complete, Pro-Metabolic, hormone balancing, stress-reducing, mood calming, meal in itself.
SO WHY IS ICE-CREAM MY IDEA OF A PERFECT, HEALTHY, PRO-METABOLIC FOOD?
The Natural Simple Sugars
- Increase thyroid hormone conversion (T4 to T3)
- Which in turns increases metabolic rate
- And when metabolic rate increases so does fat burning
- Reducing stress hormones – elevated stress hormones induce fat storage
- Are easy to digest, therefore eliminates bloating and helps gut issues
- Consuming simple sugars reduces likelihood of sweet cravings
- Sugar from natural fruit is easily digestible and is metaoblised without the need of the fat storing hormone insulin
Calcium From Milk/Cream
- is also another a fat burning powerhouse
- it prevents the production of new fat cells forming,
- it has been found to reduce belly fat,
- and is incredibly nutrient dense.
See my blog below for the scientific evidence of calcium as a pro-metaoblic, stress reducing fat burning nutrient
And the saturated fats
- support thyroid gland functioning
- decreases appetite
- reduces inflammation
- can actually help regulate blood sugar levels and stress hormones
No wonder ice cream in general tops the list of most people’s ideal ‘comfort food’ and generally induces happiness in kids and adults alike.
THE BEST OPTIONS
- Haagen Daz vanilla ice-cream
Ingredients, Fresh cream, skimmed milk, sugar, egg yolk, vanilla extract
- Haagen Daz strawberry and cream ice-cream:
Ingredients: Fresh cream, skim milk, strawberries, sugar, egg yolk.
- If you are in Australia try to find LICK ICECREAM.
Where ingredients are sourced from local dairy farms, strawberry farms, wineries, coffee houses, breweries and other primary organic producers and contain only organic pasteurised eggs, real cream, organic cane sugar and a natural ingredient for flavour. Again only 4 perfect high quality ingredients.
They all get a huge tick of approval for improving metabolism, increasing fat burning and being heathy, pro-thyroid, stress reducing, nutritious, delicious balanced food – if not –
- Make your own. Hand pick the best ingredients, ice cream makers are cheap and easy to use,or for an even simpler option, use a no-churn recipe.
BASIC VANILLA HOME MADE ICE-CREAM – without an ice-cream maker
(SERVES 6 recipe courtesy of Taste.com)
250ml thick cream
1 vanilla bean split
6 egg yolks
150g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place cream and milk in a saucepan. Scrape in the vanilla seeds and add the bean. Bring to the boil then turn off the heat and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Place the egg yolks, vanilla extract and sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric beater until pale. Carefully pour the milk over, then return to a clean saucepan.
- Cook over a low heat until it thickens and starts to look like a custard
- Set aside to cool and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Then place in a freezer covered until frozen around the edges. Remove and beat with an electric beater. Refreeze again and repeat this process 2-3 more times. ALTERNATIVELY, IF YOU HAVE AN ICE CREAM MAKER YOU CAN LET YOUR MIXTURE CHURN ACCORDING IN THE ICE CREAM MAKER)
Subscribe to My Blog
Become A Member
Join my exclusive membership program today and be coached by me