STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING 4-DAY PROGRAM. INTERMEDIATE.
- Strength and Conditioning training is a training program that will build muscle as well as condition your body.
- You will get faster results than most traditional body split programs as you are training your entire body twice a week. The first half heavy compound strength training (low reps) and the second half conditioning, isolation exercises with higher reps.
- Due to the elements it incorporates it’s a perfect program to create a strong, symmetrical, athletic fitness model / figure competitor or bodybuilder physique.
- Lats, delts and glutes are emphasised in order to build an outstanding shape.
- These are your working sets. Make sure you warm up on lighter weights before hitting the working sets.
- Both heavy training and high rep training have a place in creating an ideal stage physique. Expect muscle growth and size from your strength days and conditioning and chiseling on your Conditioning days.
- Take 2 minutes or more between sets on strength days – these are very low reps you want to hit failure. You want to see improvements each week on the weights you lift. These days should feel heavy, hard and challenging. Do not sacrifice form for the weight. This is how injuries occur. Ensure good warm us sets.
- Conditioning days work in the rep range of 12-15. You don’t need to max out and hit failure on each of these sets – just the last one, hence the volume on conditioning days is more.