I have spent most of my life dieting with strict food rules, low calories and bland diets. It never was easy. At times I felt like my body and my mind were my enemy. I lived with a constant battle in my head. I felt deprived, hungry and ridiculously stressed about what I should or should not eat. I kept falling off the wagon and subsequently felt terribly guilty.
I began to obsess about food. I would plan my cheat meals weeks in advance and the line between physical huger and emotional hunger became a blur. Food was all I thought about constantly.
I write a lot about the metabolic and hormonal impact of low calorie and low carb dieting. The psychological impact of this type of dieting often leads to eating disorders can have long lasting effects.
I BECAME OBSESSED WITH FOOD.
The harder I dieted, the more obsessive my preoccupation with food and my weight became.
I became obsessed with food I was not allowed to eat. I felt deprived. I became irritable. I would wander through the grocery store looking longingly at everything. I dreamt about food…good food…bad food…terrible food…sweet food…crunchy food and salty food. I stopped socialising and I went to bed early just so I didn’t have to think about eating.
MOST FITNESS DIETS ARE SET UP TO FAIL.
When my diet deprived me of balanced nutrients, enough food, sugars, cheese and healthy treats, it simply set me up to fail and to become preoccupied with the food I was forbidden to eat. This is the starting place for a dysfunction relationship with food. Not a good place.
WHAT I HAVE LEARNT.
I have had years of diet failures and diet success.
• I have learnt that when I provide my body with the nutrients that it needs, I will not crave.
• If I eat natural sugars from fruits and honey, I do not crave sugar.
• If I eat healthy treats such as quality chocolate or home-made ice-cream, I no longer obsess about food.
• If I eat a variety of delicious, nourishing food, my day to day nutrition becomes exciting and I look forward to each meal.
• Best of all, I have learnt I can still get into great condition and STAY lean by eating a balanced, nutritious diet. I actually find it easier!!!
NO MORE FOOD OBSESSIONS.
I now eat a Pro-Metabolic Nutrition plan that consists of a variety of balanced food such as fruits, seafood, yoghurts, honey, cheese, potatoes, butter, grass fed beef, coconut oil and eggs. I no longer obsess over food!
THIS HAS BEEN SO LIBERATING FOR ME
• I no longer fear carbs. I embrace them as they are the key to metabolic health.
• I no longer dream about eating chocolate or ice-cream as they are included in my plan.
• I no longer crave sugars as I eat fruit or honey with every meal.
• I no longer obsess about food as my meals satisfy me.
• I no longer feel deprived because my food is delicious.
• I no longer have energy crashes because my meals are balanced so blood sugar remains level.
• I no longer fall off the wagon. Why would I when my food is so good?
I AM NO LONGER PREOCCUPIED WITH FOOD……AND WHAT A GREAT PLACE TO BE!
ONE-OFF PERSONALISED NUTRITION PLANS.
PM me or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
MY ONLINE E-BOOKS. https://www.prometaboliclife.com/e-books
• PRO-METABOLIC MEAL PLANS – downloadable E-book.
• PROCOMP’S PRO-METABOLIC NUTRITION SYSTEM E-BOOK – $19.95 (written by both Blair and I)
• 100 PROCOMP CONTEST PREP SECRETS what every competitor should know about dieting, metabolism, hormones etc. $24.95 (written by both Blair and I).
Custom Nutrition Plans. www.procompteam.com/custom-nutrition/
Meal Plans. www.procompteam.com/meal-plans/