I often get asked how a Pro-Metabolic diet gets me lean when I eat lots of carbs.
I honeslty never thougth it possible either.
This is how it works
Pro-Metabolic nutrition is about upregulating thyroid, balancing hormones, increasing metabolism, improving health and digestion, reducing bloating and cravings, AND when it’s time to get lean, and I’m talking about really lean, it’s the best way to drop body fat.
1. BALANCED BLOOD SUGAR
Balanced meals (eating proteins, carbs and fat together) is essential for blood sugar stability, preventing nutritional deficiencies, metabolic adaption and steady fat loss. I try to eat a protein, a carb and a fat at each meal.
With Pro-Metabolic nutrition carbs are an integral part of the strategy as they help maintain steady blood sugar level.
2 CHANGING THE TYPE OF CARBS I EAT
Sometimes I need to manipulate macronutrients to get to the next level.
I quite simply reduce complex carbs and increase simple carbs – whilst keeping calories the same
Starches (complex carbs – potatoes, rice, oats, pasta, grains) can be more fat promoting than sugars (simple carbs – ripe fruit, juice, dairy, honey) because of their effect upon blood sugar and insulin.
I NEVER CUT ALL CARBS.
Dropping ALL carbs is a sure fire way to downregulate metabolism and destroy health.
To achieve greater fat loss without dropping carbs I simply replace starches with natural simple sugars (ripe tropical fruit, pure orange juice raw honey), how much depends upon results achieved and desired. Simple. Delicious. Nourishing. Effective.
WHAT DO MY MEALS LOOK LIKE WHEN IM DIETING –
I replace my evening meal of fish, potatoes and butter, for fish cooked in coconut oil with a bowl of fruit.
I replace my breakfast of eggs on sour dough to eggs with Orange Juice.
I replace my rice at lunch with yoghurt or milk.
I add raw honey to my smoothies instead of oats.
CARBS STAY HIGH BUT THE TYPE OF CARBS CHANGE
Whenever I need to drop body fat fast, I make sure my metabolism stays elevated, energy is not effected and a nutritious, nourishing diet is being eaten. So I reduce starchy carbs and increase simple sugars. And it works, every time. I can get in great condition without cardio simply by slowly reducing my starches replacing them with sugars.
INTERESTING STARCH/SUGAR FACTS
– “Per calorie sugar is less fattening than starch, partly because it stimulates less insulin and when it is used with a good diet, because it increases the activity of thyroid hormone” – Dr Ray Peat.
– Starches lack fructose and it is the fructose that helps raise the metabolic rate and regulate insulin secretion.
– Studies comparing rats feed either starches or fructose demonstrate the starch fed rates put on twice as much weight as the sugar feed rats. FRUCTOSE LIMITS INSULIN SECRETION, BUT INTENSIFIES METABOLISM BURNING CALOIRES FASTER
– Starches consist of several chains of glucose molecules and have a much higher glycemic index to fructose. As glucose gets into the blood quicker it stimulates more insulin and insulin stimulates fat synthesis.
– Starches stimulate the appetite more than sugars often causing more food to be eaten, resulting in greater fat storage.
To help achieve faster fast loss, a great strategy to use is to replace some or all starches for natural sugars to induce greater fat loss.
MY PRO-METABOLIC MEAL PLANS.
12-WEEK BOOST AND SHRED.
8-WEEK HORMONAL BALANCING.
All Pro-Metabolic Meal plans are created around the above principles. They are healthy, balanced, and delicious and will result in improved thyroid gland functioning, faster metabolic rate and greater health.
The boost and shred plan has two phases. Phase 1 increases graduals increases calories to boost metabolic rate which sets the scene for phase 2 the fat loss phase.
For more detailed information about how Pro-Metabolic Nutrition works.
PERSONALISED CUSTOM NUTRITION PLANNING
I also offer one-on-one individual consultations where I can prepare a customized plan to suit your needs and goals
Subscribe to My Blog
Become A Member
Join my exclusive membership program today and be coached by me